Trolling Not Allowed

Trolling Not Allowed! Comments from anonymous trolls are not permitted and are deleted if posted by the offending pest.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ohio: Lucas County Democratic Party Unity or Not

This afternoon, I came across a fellow I have known for over 35 years. He told me that he had recently performed a "google" search on the Lucas County Democratic Party and saw Roland Hansen Commentary appear toward the top of the results page.

Being curious, I did that "google" search myself and lo-and-behold, sure enough there I am. Take a look at the results right here.

Now then, let's revisit that Roland Hansen Commentary: Ohio: Lucas County Democratic Party and Unity from about a year ago.

I always find it interesting that many, many, many people who are quite vociferous in making opinionated political statements have short memories. In the world of political commentary, most folks express their thoughts on a hot topic and then move on to make comments on the next hot topic, with little or no follow-up or follow-through on any of the hot-button topics.

Rare is the person who perseveres on political topics unless it is to demean others. Rare is the person who has positive constructive thoughts or makes positive constructive suggestions. Rare is the person who actually holds himself or herself accountable, let alone responsible, for his or her own perspectives, thoughts, or comments. I certainly hope I am not one of the masses; and that I am indeed one of the rare persons. I don't know that I fall into that category, but I do hope so.

Along those lines then, I see that I am now entering the time frame for the prediction I made in that Roland Hansen Commentary of a year ago regarding the Lucas County Democratic Party and the issue of unity. Did you go back to read that entry? Apparently, most other people have forgotten or dismissed their own thoughts and comments on that topic because I have not heard any outcry about disunity of the Lucas County Democratic Party in a long, long time. That leaves me wondering whether or not my own perspective has been on the mark or not. I sure would be interested in reading the comments of others on the topic of the Lucas County Democratic Party and its degree of unity.

2 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Roland,

I still stand by my comments; the killing (political back-stabbing) season is just now coming into bloom.

Lots of different personalties and differing agendas have been on the back burner just simmering away, just waiting for the right moment to boil over.

However, my finger is not on the jugular of the democrat party, so I'm going to depend on past performance to be my weather vane.

Timothy W Higgins said...

Roland,

It is not surprising to find that you have remained consistent, and perhaps prescient, on the state of the Democartic Party. The meltdown on the Republican side will probably take center stage for a while though.

I would go beyond your use of the term Rare though in political discussion. Any person making positive comments, seeking positive change, and perserverance all appear on the Endangered Species list. Both the right and the left seem focused on what's wrong with the other guy instead of what's right with themselves.

I hope that this isn't what progess means.