Trolling Not Allowed

Trolling Not Allowed! Comments from anonymous trolls are not permitted and are deleted if posted by the offending pest.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Fourth Of July, Independence Day, and Richard J. Hansen



The FOURTH OF JULY brings forth thoughts of life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and freedom.

This year, 2014, is the first INDEPENDENCE DAY of my life that my brother Richard Hansen, a 20 year veteran of the United States Marine Corps, will not be physically present on this Earth. Rich died from pancreatic cancer on August 16, 2013.

Back on May 28, 2012, I wrote a Roland's Ramblings blog entry entitled Freedom. My brother, Rich, wrote the following as a comment to that blog entry:
"Very well said; Because I’d give my life for my country or anyone of my brothers and sister. Freedom is why I served my country and would do it all over again even at my age."

As I bring in the Fourth this year and think of freedom, my thoughts are of Rich. (Indeed, I think of Rich each and every day.)

In honor and in memory of a true American, my brother Richard Hansen who hated to be called Richard but instead preferred to be called Rich, I ask you to read a previous Roland Hansen Commentary as follows that I had written (and, please check out all of the included links):
What A Wonderful World, Dedicated to Richard James Hansen

No comments: