Trolling Not Allowed

Trolling Not Allowed! Comments from anonymous trolls are not permitted and are deleted if posted by the offending pest.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 31, Adam And Me. A Personal Commentary.

Today is the forty-first anniversary of the birth of my firstborn, Adam Roland Hansen. I am so proud of Adam; he is the epitome of human potential. As the years have been going by, Adam has continously done much to contribute to his community and the world. Adam is a man of whom all should admire and respect. He is a fine man, a good man, who strives to improve to be even better. The following is a reproduction of what I wrote two years ago on my other blog, Roland's Ramblings.

July 31, Adam And Me.

July 31 - A date very dear to me. Read on to learn why.
Here are two entries from the previous domain of Roland's Ramblings that I located on The Wayback Machine:
JULY 31, 2004
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Thirty-one years ago today, I became a father. My first-born was a boy. How appropriate his given name is Adam. Over the years, he has become a good man. If all men could be like Adam, we would all have a much better world. I am proud of him and proud to call him my son. I love him dearly.

JULY 31, 2005
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADAM
Birthdays are special days for everyone. I wish a very happy birthday to my son, Adam.
To Adam, I also say:
Your special day is also a special day for me. The day you were born 32 years ago, I became a father. You have really become a very special person in so many ways. I am proud of you; and, I am proud to be your dad.
Interesting, eh? Well, look at the July 31 Roland's Ramblings of 2011 with its embedded links to the July 31 Roland's Ramblings of 2010 and 2007 and the comment I made the day after it had been a year ago.

So, it is again that time of year when I say:

Happy Birthday, Adam!

Thirty-nine (39) years, and counting.

And as I do each and everyday, I think of how much I love my son, Adam Roland Hansen, and of how proud I am of Adam who constantly, consistently, and continuously strives to be the grandest version of the greatest vision of his highest self.

That which I scribed two years ago is just as true today as it was then.
Oh, there is one exception!
My statement of two years ago of "Thirty-nine (39) years, and counting" needs to be updated.
I now need to change that to "Forty-one (41) years, and counting."

No comments: