Trolling Not Allowed

Trolling Not Allowed! Comments from anonymous trolls are not permitted and are deleted if posted by the offending pest.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Jack Ford: Volunteer or Politician?

It is possible to wear many hats and serve many roles concurrently. I
should know; I've been there, and I've done that. And, so has Jack
Ford, who is a citizen activist, community volunteer, educator, and
politician. Those are all roles with which I can identify and
appreciate.
I read about Toledo City School Board member Jack Ford
in this interesting newspaper article. I have
known Jack Ford for a couple decades. I met him before he was a Toledo
City Councilman, before he was a member of the Ohio House of
Representatives, and before he was Mayor of the City of Toledo. From
time to time, I have had some minor differences of opinion with Jack
Ford, but nothing really monumental. And while there may have been some
occasions in which I have been questionable of him, I have never
doubted his sincerity and commitment to community service. In fact, I
respect his dedication to public service and the community.
His
involvement as a volunteer serving in the capacity of development
director with the Kidney Foundation of Northwest Ohio and as
a member of Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease is
just the latest in his long list of organizational involvements that
demonstrate his desire to be of service. I tip my hat off to Jack Ford
in appreciation of his community, civic, and charitable service.

1 comment:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

If these new involvements keep Jack on top of his condition and keep himself, all the better.

It sounds like he can use all of the help he can get...