Trolling Not Allowed

Trolling Not Allowed! Comments from anonymous trolls are not permitted and are deleted if posted by the offending pest.

Monday, January 29, 2018

Love and War

"Make love, not war" is a phrase that I and many others often used during my younger years in the 1960s and early 1970s. It is just as true today as it ever was.

The horrors of the Vietnam War are still deeply ingrained within the inner recesses of my mind.






I remember the words I delivered in my 1962 confirmation at Shomer Emunim, when it was still on Collingwood Avenue in Toledo, Ohio and was commonly referred to as 'Collingwood Avenue Temple' or just as 'The Temple' where it had been for decades before relocating to Sylvania, Ohio. Here are the words I delivered to the congregation:
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

The world needs more love. Let's end war for all time.

Please help me spread the love.

No comments: