Trolling Not Allowed

Trolling Not Allowed! Comments from anonymous trolls are not permitted and are deleted if posted by the offending pest.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Teen Suicide and High School Graduation

This time of year in the good old U.S. of A., there are high school graduation ceremonies taking place all around us, including that of grandson Ben Wexler and nephew Dovi Rosenberg. With all these high school graduations taking place, I am reminded of a Roland's Ramblings blog entry that I made a couple years ago in which I relayed a story about the valedictorian speech of one high school senior that I had read elsewhere.

Here is an excerpt from that blog entry:
The story begins with the preface:
‘We all know or knew someone like this!!’ The story then continues:
One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school. His name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his books. I thought to myself, ‘Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd.’
Please, please click on over to read this most heart touching story contained in my Roland's Ramblings entry, "One small gesture can change a person’s life." I promise you will not be disappointed.

1 comment:

CWMartin said...

That could have been me, even with friends. But I had a couple things in my corner: A God who loved me, a handful of really good friends, and a defense mechanism. Some people never develop the defense mechanism. Others never get the friend. And as the story shows, sometimes that one gesture is all they need.