Trolling Not Allowed

Trolling Not Allowed! Comments from anonymous trolls are not permitted and are deleted if posted by the offending pest.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Glenn Beck: Savior of the Jewish people?

I have previously written of Glenn Beck on more than one occasion.

Well, Glenn Beck is back on my radar again. Rather than a whole bunch of commentary from me, I would like to request that you click on each of the following title headings below to read the contents of each and then return here.

PUPPETRY by Hendrik Hertzberg, The New Yorker, November 29, 2010.
Open Letter to Glenn Beck, RabbiJason.com, Rabbi Jason Miller, January 28, 2011.
Rabbis sign on to Jewish Funds for Justice battle with Beck, Fox News, by Ben Harris, JTA, January 31, 2011.
Rabbis to Rupert Murdoch: 'Sanction Glenn Beck', posted by Wolfman, SwampBubbles, January 28, 2011.

I certainly hope you took the time and made the effort to read those cited references.

Now, on to my ever-so-brief commentary after all that.

It seems to me as though Glenn Beck fancies himself as the Savior of the Jewish people. Personally, I believe he is the Pretender to that descriptive title, sort of like the antichrist in that regard.

It is way past time for Glenn Beck to hang it up, hang his head down in shame, and head off to other pastures far, far outside of the public sphere.

2 comments:

Timothy W Higgins said...

Roland,

I would not consider Glenn Beck to be the savior of the people, Jewish or otherwise. Nor do his sermons on history make him a teacher or his prognostications a prophet. I would suggest that like some of the other terms mentioned in the links you list however, that Antichrist might be going a bit far.

It seems lately in fact that with the imposition of his personal religious beliefs and his 'doom and gloom' forebodings, he could be seen as proof that too much air time in the mainstream media can cause you to blur a number of lines in life.

That being said, I'm not ready to grant Mr Soros favored status either, simply because he was part of the Holocaust. While he deserves our sympathy for the things he endured in his past, he gets no credit from me for his current activities. I think that many of the groups he has either founded or generously supports are operating against the best interests of this country. There is little doubt that he is likewise trying to influence the political debate in this country through money (something that often seems of great concern).

If it's all the same to everyone therefore I will give neither a vote of confidence.

Roland Hansen said...

Thank you for your well-thought out comments, Tim. That is the type of dialogue I like to see and read. I wonder if anyone else will weigh in on this.