Trolling Not Allowed

Trolling Not Allowed! Comments from anonymous trolls are not permitted and are deleted if posted by the offending pest.

Thursday, May 31, 2018

At Life's End

I am in the twilight of my life. I am not in the autumn of my life; I am in the winter of my life. Indeed, being in my 71st year, I am near the end of my life.

Unfortunately and regretfully, I spent the vast majority of the time in the early and middle adult years of my life trying to secure a better tomorrow for myself and family. I did so by means of working  two jobs and by spending innumerable hours performing volunteer work in community, civic, charitable, fraternal and other organizations.

In order to assure a secure financial future for my three children, including amassing sufficient savings for their college education, I was so financially prudent that we missed out on many enjoyable day to day activities that had a price tag attached to them. I spent a tremendous amount of time in volunteer work because I wanted my children to have a better world in which to live. I thought I could make a difference. As it turned out, the world is no better today than it was 20, 30, 40, or 50 years ago; and, I missed having quality, quantity time with my family.

Regrets -- I have more than a few!

That all being expressed, I wish to leave a message before I depart this world to all the people who always seem so busy trying to make for a better tomorrow that they do not take the time to enjoy today.

I say to them, "It is all well and good to plan and prepare for tomorrow, but make sure to seize a moment to live and enjoy each and every day. Spend time with family and friends, go to the zoo, visit the museum, picnic in the park, go for a bike ride, lay on the beach, go outside to breathe in the fresh air and look up to the sky with wonderment and awe, smell the roses. Do not put off for tomorrow what you can enjoy today."




Do not live a life in such a way that when you are in your end of days that you look back on your life with regret.

I say unto you as Robin Williams said, "Make your life spectacular."

1 comment:

CWMartin said...

Best way to make a better world is put aside the hate and seek after love. All you see on TV anymore is people who "care about the downtrodden" and yet still play games with their lives. Politics has become a fools game. Love one another.